Statement on Mental Health
Jesus calls us to cross religious and social boundaries and to break walls that exile us from each other. In many instances individuals with mental health concerns are exiled socially and spiritually due to fear, prejudice, and ignorance. At Church on Main, we proclaim that individuals with mental health concerns bear the image of God, are beloved members of our faith community, and offer countless gifts as members of the Body of Christ. We seek to be a safe faith community where we support one another through challenges associated with mental health, offering each other hope and compassion.
Approved by the Church on Main board on July 22nd, 2019.
Mental Health Resources
In order to more fully support those with mental health concerns, we refer to the following organizations
- 911 – if someone in immediate danger of harming themselves or another, call or text 911
- The Bridge Clinic – 302-255-1650 – fast access to services for substance use and mental health disorders
- NAMI Delaware – 302-427-0787
- Narcotics Anonymous – Sundays at 7pm at Church on Main
- Appoquinimink State Service Center – 302-696-3120
- Delaware Helpline – call 211 or 1-800-560-3372; text 302-898-211
- Connection CSP – 1-833-886-CCSP (2277)
- Kirkwood Recovery Center – 302-691-0140 – medically-monitored detox center – 3315 Kirkwood Highway, Wilmington, DE
Other social service agencies
- Friendship House MOT Empowerment Center – housed at Church on Main. See our home page for the most updated hours
- Connection Community Church food distribution – with a location housed at Church on Main on Tuesdays from 9:30am-10:30am
- Neighborhood House
- A Door of Hope Pregnancy Center– 302-394-9500
- Freedom Center for Independent Living – (302) 376-4399 – supporting people with disabilities
- Delaware Veterans Coalition
Church on Main’s Mission Statement
Church on Main is a worshipping community where we seek to follow the way of Jesus through:
– Love of God and others,
– Mission to all in need,
– And celebration of the diverse identities God has created including race, ethnicity, gender, nationality, physical and mental health, age, sexual identity, religious background, and social-economic status.
We intentionally affirm and welcome all.