Statement of Affirmation of Women in Ministry
In the eyes of Christ, men and women are equal. At Church on Main all roles – both ordained and laity – are open to all without regard to gender. We make no determination of how much a person can participate based on gender.
“So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are one in Christ Jesus.” – Galatians 3:26-28
What this statement means for us
We want to be completely clear about what this statement means for us by answering a few policy-related questions from ChurchClarity.org:
- Can women preach in the primary worship service? Yes
- Can women be ordained (or recommended for ordination)? Yes
- Can women serve as elders or in all governing bodies? Yes
- Can women serve as senior pastor/minister? Yes
- Do women and/or non-binary folks make up 50% or more of Church on Main’s leadership team? Yes
- How often do women and/or non-binary folks preach? At least twice a month
Approved by the Church on Main board on July 22nd, 2019.